Subject matters should pertain to the Catholic Church, the interests of the community of the Diocese of San Jose, and be approved by the Bishop of the Diocese of San Jose. Articles are expected to further the mission and vision of the Diocese of San Jose, to be respectful, and to not do damage to the reputation of the Diocese of San Jose, its agencies and/or workers. Articles will be published at the Editor's discretion. All articles submitted are subject to editing by the editor for content and style.
Upload the article as a Word document
• Articles should be around 400 to 600 words in length.
• Do not use all caps in the headline or sub- title.
• Always identify your source or interviewee by their full name (First name, Last name) followed by who they are. (i.e. Father Joseph Carney, pastor, Blessed Trinity Parish)
• Titles before names: Abbreviate Msgr. and Rev. (although Catholic priests are always referred to as Father). All other religious titles spell out.
• Indicate when and where the event took place within the body of the article.
• Please fact-check your articles before submitting. Ask: Are the names spelled correctly? Is all the information accurate? Does any information need to be attributed to a particular source?
Upload as a separate attachment at least one high resolution photo 300 dpi with your story, maximum of three photos may be submitted.
• All digital photographs submitted for publication should be at least 300 dpi. In order to ensure the photograph meets this requirement, set the camera to the largest image file setting available (usually labeled “L” for large).
• Include information for each picture caption (i.e. names of all those in the photo from left to right with brief explanation of what taking place in the picture; relevant identifications, such as pastor, associate pastor, principal, seventh-grader, etc.).
By clicking the box below, I hereby give the Diocese of San Jose in conjunction with The Valley Catholic Newspaper or its assigns, licensees and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use the attached article and photograph in all forms and media and in all matters including composite representation for lawful purposes. I waive my right to inspect or approve the finished version(s), including written copy that may be created in connection therewith. I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above release and agree to be bound thereby. I hereby release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.