The Santa Clara Faith Formation Conference is now the California Catholic Ministry Conference (CaCMC).
Why the name change?
The long-time Bay Area Conference is now more than a Catechetical Conference. Attendees are coming from all across California.
And, this year the conference will be held at the San Jose Convention Center from December 5-7.
In addition to Catechetical Formation, the Conference is also focusing on Social Justice, Liturgy and Leadership Development.
Region XI Liturgy Directors are leading a liturgical track and, liturgical publishers and artists are joining the Conference for liturgical formation. Clergy formation is now a key part of the conference this year, focusing on preaching and presiding with clergy formators being contacted across the region.
In 2018, an additional day (Thursday) was added, for day-long workshops sponsored by our partners in ministry. In 2019, two additional day-long workshops will be added for a total of six:
- Leadership Roundtable From Crisis to Hope: Toward a New Culture of Leadership for diocesan executive teams;
- Preaching in the New Millennium for clergy;
- Celebrating Women in the Scriptures for wives of deacons;
- LTP Discernment in Christian Initiation;
- Is Social Justice an “Impossible Dream?” and
- St. Mary’s Press Young Prophetic Voices for the Church of Today, Building the Church of Tomorrow.
Flyers are available for all of these workshops under “Thursday workshops” on the CaCMC website – www.CaCMC.net.
Also, check three other multi-session focused workshops on Friday and Saturday:
- Effective Presiding; Adults at the Center;
- USCCB Asian and Pacific Islander Track and
- OCP Strum a New Song to the Lord, Guitar training for intermediate and advanced guitar in Spanish.
Check out the new website at www.CaCMC.net for all the latest on over 120 workshops, 80 speakers, sponsors and prayer opportunities.
This Advent will be an excellent opportunity to network with over 3000 others from the Bay Area, and “Christmas in the Park” will be just steps from the hotels and convention center. You can also book your hotel stay now at the 3 major hotels close to the convention center through the website.
Early registration is now open and ends September 30, 2019.