“Exploring Play and Passion for Healthy Prevention Tips while Teaching Children About Being Healthy”
On October 15, the Breast Cancer and Cancer Awareness Free Community Soup and Salad Luncheon and Educational Program on Prevention will take place from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Church of The Resurrection Farana Center, 1395 Hollenbeck Ave., Sunnyvale. For more information, call Bobbe Smirni at (408) 735-1819.
This is the 14th year of New Frontiers in Prevention of Breast Cancer, featuring a free Community Soup and Salad Luncheon and Educational Program on Prevention. The 2016 theme explores the play and teaching of our children about health and prevention of cancer and other diseases in the three basic areas of prevention we have focused on during our 14 years of educational programs including: lifestyle, medicine, and environment. In our exploration of prevention of breast cancer and other cancers, the growing emphases on prevention has also exploded. Prevention is now on everyone’s agenda.
We will learn from national experts from:
- Stanford University and Cancer Center on Healthy Prevention Lifestyle Tips
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation, PAMF, Oncology on Medical Prevention Tips
- Breast Cancer Fund on Environmental Prevention Tips
- Being in Action: A Panel on Being an Organic Mom featuring children and moms
- Bay Area Cancer Connections Community and Cancer Support