VATICAN CITY (CNS) — As the Year of Mercy continues, Pope Francis is preparing jubilee celebrations with teenagers, deacons and “those in need of consolation,” the Vatican announced.
The Vatican published the list of papal liturgies for the months of April and May, which include priestly ordinations and Pentecost Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica.
According to the Jubilee of Mercy website, since the Holy Year began Dec. 8, more than 3 million pilgrims have registered to pass through the Holy Door.
The pope’s calendar, includes:
- April 17 Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica, during which Pope Francis will ordain several men to the priesthood.
- April 24 Mass in St. Peter’s Square concluding the jubilee for young people ages 13-16.
- May 5 prayer vigil on the eve of the feast of the Ascension for “those in need of consolation.” The Vatican provided no further details of the event.
- May 15 Pentecost Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica.
- May 26 evening Mass for the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ at the Basilica of St. John Lateran, followed by the Corpus Christi procession to the Basilica of St. Mary Major.
- May 29 Mass and conclusion of the Jubilee of Deacons in St. Peter’s Square.