(Courtesy Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception)
- The plenary indulgence requires: the ordinary conditions (Confession, Communion, prayers for the Pope’s intentions, and no interior attachment to sin), visiting a statue with devotion and prayer, and praying the Our Father, Creed, and invoking Our Lady of Fatima.
- In terms of visiting a statue of Our Lady of Fatima, it can be in any church (it does not have to be a Shrine or Basilica).
- Although the information online mentions statues of Our Lady of Fatima, Father Weston confirmed that it can also be an image of Our Lady of Fatima, whether it is an image in a church or an image in one’s home.
- The devotion does not need to be completed every 13th of the month. Rather, you can receive the indulgence each 13th of the month, so you can receive the plenary indulgence multiple times.
- For the homebound and elderly, an image of Our Lady of Fatima suffices along with the other conditions.